A Day for ME! Sew Day!

Last week was rough--a family funeral.  So yesterday I worked overtime in order to have today to myself!  The exterior painters are here again, finishing up, and I am kind of painted inside my house right now.  Perfect day!

Grandchild number 10 is closing in on me, and I decided to play with embroidery and fabric to start her gift package.

Actually piecing last evening, I put together a crib quilt with some embroidery.  The baby's name is hidden from view under pain of, well, I'm not sure but it would be bad!  Bright and cherry, the colors are in the chosen nursery palate.  



Daughter number three also requested loveys in elephant.  It just so happens I had two in my embroidery stash.  I made them both up to have an "heir and a spare".  I remember buying three exactly the same cows for my first granddaughter!  



Once again, the name is embroidered but hidden!

Same daughter, another request.  More pillowcases.  I looked up a tutorial for the rolled pillow case and found a great one here.  


I had forgotten how quick and fun these are to make, and the measurements on this tutorial made pulling the case through the tube quite easy.



Adding the french seam, a hallmark of this quality tutorial.  I hadn't made a french seam in quite a while!


Lastly, she always likes her name embroidered on whatever I make her.




A by-product of sewing and embroidering is that I get to do handwork.  The crib quilt was machine bound as I hope it is much-used and washed.  But I need to remove stabilizer, etc., from the embroidery.  All in all a great day.

Now if I can only get out of my house!

Sew fun,
Debbie

Comments

Popular Posts