Shards, a Quilting WIP

I appreciate all the advice given from my last post on Shards.  It is wonderful to be part of a quilting community!

I  auditioned  two different threads, one King Tut thread, 40 weight, in a beautiful variagated tan/neutral combination.  And the other, an aurifil, 50 weight.  While both threads were pretty, pretty great, really, I decided to go with the thinner aurifil that would not sit so much on top of the fabric.


Then to sewing!  The little straight-line sewing monster in me simply took off, and sewed line after line.  I didn't have to sew straight lines, I made SURE I didn't sew straight lines!

Stitching around the colored shards not only let them pop visually (thanks, Yvonne!), but they also popped in a tactile way.  Even though this is a small work, the quilting will take a little while.  I cannot imagine doing this over an entire quilt--and yet I know I'll try it at some point!


The stitching does let the marble print of the fabric show through, and the feel of the areas already stitched is fabulous!  So much texture!

A lot more left to do--will keep you posted!

Hugs,
Debbie

Comments

  1. This looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the whole quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, this looks great and I love that it gives a great tactile feel to the quilt, too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will take a while, but it will be so worth it! The quilting looks great, and the top in your previous post is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! I will most certainly answer you!

Popular Posts