I Made it to Friday!

Normally, a title such as, "I Made it to Friday" would not be a huge deal.  This week, however, we moved into a new home.  It's a 1977 ranch, and it was showing it's age.   With the help of a wonderful contractor, my house is beautiful. Away with popcorn ceilings and dark paneling. Away with rotted flooring! I am very happy with it.  


Check out this pic--my second night in the house I pulled out some hexies, finished the stack, and laid them out. Hubby had to leave on a business trip and it's better to sew than snack, right? Ugh--I left my triangle template in the wrong box.



There are challenges though!  I forgot to buy toilet paper, but I laid out a quilt top?  My priorities seem to be skewed. Empty walls here scream for quilted wall hangings--no problem, I have plenty from which to choose.  



No matter that the old dryer isn't working too well, or that the NEW dishwasher is leaking--I have sewing to do. A harbor in my storm.

Have a wonderful weekend, and visit me on Facebook please!

Sharing with Finished or not Friday.  Wait till you see the quilt on her page!

Sew fun,
Debbie

Comments

  1. Congrats on the new house! You must be very comfortable in it to pull out a project before buying toilet paper!! After a move it always takes time to settle in and get back on track! You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I truly am comfortable here. It was so hard to get to this place, and from now on out we coast! And I did finally get some toilet paper, lol!

      Delete
  2. Your new digs look wonderful! And your hexies.....gorgeous! I get that quilting comes first. It's nice to have toilet paper, too, though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did break down and buy some! After I made hexies, lol. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. You sound like a gal who has her priorities straight! Your new place looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilting first, right? Thanks so much for the compliment. We love it!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Your new home looks lovely. The hexies are beautiful. When you have the urge to be creative, you must yield to it :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much!! We are more than comfortable here so something is right about it! Thanks for liking my hexies. I actually got a design wall up and running which makes things easier. Um, now for curtains?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! I will most certainly answer you!

Popular Posts