EPP On My Wall

In my quest to keep learning new skills, I started some EPP.  There are lots of websites, lots of Facebook pages, but a few were very helpful, and one provided me with a free pattern-- The AMH EPP from 100 Billion Stars!

The tutorial for stitching is informative and there are a lot of pictures to show you exactly how to complete your blocks.  And it's fun.  Handstitching, to me, is relaxing and soothing.

Although the original pattern calls for Anna Maria Horner fabrics, I went through my stash, weighed AMH against Tula Pink, and decided on Tula.  

Tula's collections are mixed here--some fussy cut, some not.

I like to keep this little tray, a dollar store purchase, around so that everything is at hand.  Glue, thread, block in progress, and the cut pieces and paper pieces.
Another collection of older and newer Tula prints


As far as fussy cutting goes, it does depend on the fabric.  If I have a design that immediately jumps out with "fussy cut" then I do.  No hard and fast rules here!  Also, I do thread-baste my pieces.  The glue is only used sparingly to hold the fabric to the paper while I do the sewing.  It goes so quickly and the paper pieces pop right out


And to leave you with one more picture, you can see how I am having a great time matching and sewing these blocks.  Later on I will show you how they are joined!

All from Elizabeth!  Love this fabric!



Sew much fun,
Debbie

Comments

  1. These blocks are looking lovely! Thanks for the link, off now to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I sew wish stores close to me carried Tula Pink - I just adore the fussy cuts you have been able to do for your blocks!! If you like, I have a monthly hexie linky party on my blog - the next is 7/17/17.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea about your linky party but I will be joining! Love those hexies! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are so pretty - and that fussy cutting is amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I enjoy the fussy cutting a lot. There was a time when I would not have done that in order not to "waste" fabric. Oh well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! I will most certainly answer you!

Popular Posts