After several weeks of work I present the My Small World hanging.  The pattern is by Jen Kingwell.  I went through my stash and pulled out everything I could think of, knowing that the pieces would be tiny (1.5 by 1.5) and a lot of colors and prints would be included.




An amazing amount of cutting and studying, then more cutting went into this work.  I wasn't familiar with Jen's patterns, and had a hard time at the beginning because the measurements given were for the finished squares.  Some squares had to be remade to fit.  

If you choose to start this, and I hope you do, please ask questions!  I just didn't know what to ask!

The end result is so very gratifying.  I hand-quilted into all of the pieces, wanting to simply highlight the features of the town.

More pics for your viewing pleasure, and please note that this item is for sale in my Etsy shop!  


Here you see a mix of vintage fabrics with the modern!

The handstitching shows, along with the London Ferris Wheel

The Eiffel Tower and The Statue of Liberty, embroidered


Many hugs to you all, and please let me know what you think!
Debbie

Comments

  1. Oh, my goodness, Debbie, it came out gorgeous! I know it was a lot of work, but so worth it! I hope it sells! That would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much--I really value your praise!

      Delete
  2. Confirmation Code: GHVHVDN13964034

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! I will most certainly answer you!

Popular Posts