Thirty (Count 'Em) Sawtooth Blocks!

Despite VBS and the ongoing backyard project, I have plugged away on the thirty sawtooth blocks needed to make the quilt inspired by Maryse' blog.  The sawtooth block is so easy, and really very satisfying to make, as it is pointy, and crisp-looking.  

Here, I have all thirty blocks ready to lay into rows. 


And all nice and neat in rows!  One cutting tip:  the corner squares are supposed to be 3.5 inches, but I found that if I added an extra 1/8th inch on each side, I had enough room to square my blocks to the needed 12.5 inch block with no problem. 

 

Also, I had purchased 4.5 yards of Kona Charcoal for the background, and had two yards left over.  Sad, right?  I am so very happy that I used the Charcoal--the depth of the color was a perfect choice for the different Denyse prints (notice the one Julianna Horner snuck up in there).  All in all, the quilt top is very satisfying and I am happy with it so far.  Hopefully I will have time tonight to start setting the rows.  

Linking up to Anything Goes Mondays at Stitch by Stitch.  Stop by there and see what others are doing also!

Debbie

Comments

  1. Leftover Kona Charcoal? It might be hard for me to finish a quilt while my brain got excited about other possibilities for the left over fabric! The blocks look great, and I like the tip about oversizing the corners for trimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad is when you come up with LESS fabric than you need -- leftovers are a happy accident that keeps your stash well stocked and ready for the next project! :-) I love your sawtooth stars. I've got some sawtooth stars on my own to-do list, but they need to be little 3 inchers for sashing posts so I'm thinking I might save myself some headaches by paper piecing them. But your oversize sawtooth stars look very fresh and modern. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That charcoal is perfect for those bright stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, I am loving the DS prints against the charcoal. The dark color really lets them pop. Can't wait to see this one done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite block. So utterly quilty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's striking!! Visiting from another blog and so glad I stopped by. I love the name of your blog. Who wouldn't want to check it out?! I look forward to perusing your archived posts when I have more time. I'll definitely be back to see how this beauty turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. I like the dark background

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful Debbie! I just love the fabrics and colors you have put together.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! I will most certainly answer you!

Popular Posts