Simply Finish Quilt

My Friday is ending with a finished quilt, and I could not be happier.  


Hubby and I have a list of chores for the weekend, and if no sewing is done I'll be anxious and sad, but I can snuggle up in the x-plus block all evening!







Everyone was in unison that the binding needed to be a solid, and I appreciate all your comments on that.  The backing is Carolyn Friedlander's Botanic, and I would use it again and again.  A little more Anna Maria Horner, of course(!) is in the corner, as I like my backings to be pieced also.  Also, this quilt is the second in a row that was very vocal about wanting to be only simply quilted.  So that is exactly what I did!





Please take a look at the faded quilts on the left.  One was made by my maternal grandmother and one by my paternal grandmother.  I have this "thing".  Touching items that are old and have been touched by others who are not here any longer is special to me.  I think about those people, even if I have no idea who they are or how long ago they lived.  I know they were once alive and used those items!  Ok, enough about my "thing"!  


Enjoy, and Happy Friday to all!!!  A simple Friday post for a long week!
Linking up to Crazy Moms Quilts and Finish it up Friday!!!

Debbie

Comments

  1. Beautiful quilt!!! Love all the colors you used!! Visiting (and new subscriber) from Finish It Up Friday :-)

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finish! I hope you can find some sewing time even with the busy weekend you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright colors. I too love old quilts that have been loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty. I love touching things from past generations, knowing that ones I loved did the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! I'm a toucher too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the quilts, new and old, are lovely. How wonderful you still have some from your grandmothers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, I love this quilt the colors are just beautiful :). My grandmother quilts, but I wish I had something from my great-grand parents! Some people are just not that lucky to have such beautiful items passed down through the generations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mustard colour you went with for the binding! I have that "thing" too .. I love the history in old items, imagine the stories they could tell?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! I will most certainly answer you!

Popular Posts